What is your priority when choosing treatment options for your dog with cancer? Whether you are an Action-oriented go-getter, Comfort-first caretaker, or someone who likes to Balance all of your options, your personality type impacts how you approach these important decisions.
According to Dr. Demian Dressler’s Dog Cancer Coping Guide, dog lovers tend to fall into three personality categories when addressing these concerns and making treatment decisions:
- A for Action is determined to help his or her dog through treatment side effects to hopefully achieve remission
- B for Balance generally want minimal side effects or really good odds of success.
- C for Comfort focus on treatment options that relieve symptoms and keep their dogs happy.
Which type are you? The answer to this question will give you clues about which strategies and treatments will work best for your specific dog and specific situation.
Molly Jacobson, editor of The Dog Cancer Survival Guide, joins us to discuss personality types.
Links & Resources Mentioned in Today’s Show:
- The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: Full Spectrum Treatments to Optimize Your Dog’s Life Quality and Longevity - https://dogcancerbook.com/
- The Dog Cancer Coping Guide - https://store.dogcancerblog.com/products/dog-cancer-coping-guide-bundle?_pos=1&_sid=d226fd8d0&_ss=r
- Care Credit - https://www.carecredit.com/
About Today’s Guest, Molly Jacobson:
Molly Jacobson is a writer and the editor of the best-selling animal health book The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: Full Spectrum Treatments to Optimize Your Dog’s Life Quality and Longevity. A lifelong dog lover and self-professed health nerd, she is all too familiar with dog cancer. She has been supporting readers of Dr. Dressler’s website and book since the beginning. Molly earned a BA from Tufts University, and after a career in bookselling and book publishing attended The Swedish Institute to become a licensed massage therapist in New York State.
For episode notes, resources, guest bios and a transcript, please visit https://dogcanceranswers.com/
To join the private Facebook group for readers of Dr. Dressler’s book “The Dog Cancer Survival Guide” go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogcancersupport/
Dog Cancer News is a free newsletter that contains useful information designed to help your dog with cancer. To sign up, please visit http://bit.ly/dcn_yt